Freelancing has become popular these days, not only in the Philippines, but also in nations capable of outsourcing and offshoring. I am currently employed but still, I do freelance projects during my free time so I can earn more. There are advantages and disadvantages of freelancing but if you focus on its advantages, then you might become a successful freelancer.
In my own honest opinion, I thing there are traits a good freelancer must possess. These includes being open-minded, risk-taker, skillful, service-oriented, good listener, honest, flexible in terms of time and schedule, must have a good net connection and must have a “can do” attitude.
Advantages of a Freelancer
- You don’t have a boss; you are your own boss
- You can get as many freelance projects as you can and earn as much as you work
- Freelance project payments are tax-free–meaning you can earn more
- You talk and negotiate with the client directly
- You can give yourself holidays whenever you want; after resting, you can work again
Disadvantages of a Freelancer
- In freelancing, you won’t get office benefits the same as employees
- It is not stable. If there is no project, then you don’t have income
- It has a risk like client not paying after you have done the work
- You have to be good in communication to get real clients
- You must have a good portfolio; otherwise you have to work hard to win clients
If you think you are capable of being a freelancer, go on and give it a shot! Listed below are the freelancer sites I am currently a member of:
- Freelancer.com Online Jobs, Freelance Employment, Outsourcing Services, Programmers, Web Design, Freelancers
- People Per Hour 52,300 Freelance Jobs on PeoplePerHour.com
- oDesk Outsource to Freelancers, IT Companies, Programmers, Web Designers from India, Russia, USA, and more
Click on the links, join by registering and start to experience being a freelancer. No matter what your skills are, from web design to web development, architecture to engineering, writing to voicing-over, data entry to research, there are clients that need your service in the freelancing world.